Exchanges can be made as long as the items have not been washed or worn. Let us know what needs to be exchanged via email at: email@example.com Bring the return items to your school's front office and label them as "Return to Kula Threads." Upon our next delivery, we will drop off the requested exchange and pick up the return items (also applies to neighboring islands residents).
If "USPS Shipping to Home" was selected at checkout, returns and exchange requests can be made by mailing us at our return address. We do not cover the shipping charge. The customer is responsible for shipping fees for returns.
IMPORTANT: Exchanges are only valid for regular uniforms. Custom-made items such as embroidered garments (including faculty uniforms) and class/program shirts are made to order and cannot be exchanged.
Can I get a refund?
See our return/refund policy here
Can I place a phone order?
Unfortunately, we do not take phone orders simply because we want to protect our customers. We refuse to take any personal information over the phone.
Why is the online ordering closed?
If the online ordering is closed, it means one of two things:
1. Kula Threads does not handle the sales, returns, exchanges, or refunds of uniforms. Items will be available for purchase at the school's front office or school uniform coordinator. Stock is kept at the school and we simply restock them as needed.
2. An ordering period may have closed and the deadline has come around. Orders cannot be placed until a distribution day or a reopening. We will not accept late orders.
I made a mistake with my online order. How can I fix it?
If you made a mistake on your order, please contact us immediately. We cannot edit an order that has already been processed. Any important changes to an order are input manually. You will be notified of what you are receiving via email and on the packing slip.
I received the wrong items, what should I do?
Please contact us immediately so that the issue can be resolved. Whether it's the wrong size, wrong color, missing items, or too many items. There are real people on our team and sometimes things slip through our grasp.
Is there a reason that I didn't receive all of my items?
If you haven't received all of your items;
- An item is on backorder, meaning it has been sold out and we no longer have it in stock. The item will not be available until a reprint is made which can take up to 2-4 weeks to complete.
- An item is a custom-made order. Embroidered items may take up to 3 weeks for production.
- You have a partially complete order, you will be notified via email either in the shipping confirmation or an email with the subject, "Order ______ with Kula Threads."
If you still haven't received your order(s) after 7 days, please contact us immediately.
Why can't I return/exchange specialty items?
Unfortunately, special-made items have a long process and are final sale. It is very inefficient for us to reproduce these items after completion. There is no reprinting process for custom orders after the order has been completed. Please be vigilant of what you are ordering, (sizes, color, style, etc.)
What happened to the starter package discount?
Not all schools we are contracted with will allow the starter package deal to be available during the year. The starter package is generally available during the ordering period before the school year starts, during distribution day, and for new/transferring students.
Can I mix & match a starter package?
This option varies by school. If a starter package is available when placing an online order, it will come as listed:
- Chargebacks or return check fee
- $35.00 will be charged if your check is returned by the bank or you dispute a charge with your financial institution.